Last Updated: October 22, 2021
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect personal information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
If you do not provide your personal information when requested, you may not be able to use the Services if that personal information is necessary to provide you with the Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
A. Information You Provide To Us
Registration. When you register for an account to use the Services, we ask you for your personal information, including your name, email address, mailing address, zip code and phone number. You also have the option of adding a profile photo, and other contact details to your profile information to be displayed in the Services. We keep track of your preferences when you select these and other settings within the Services.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional personal information about you. For example, when you email us, we will receive your name, email address, and any other information you choose to provide to us. When you submit a contact form, open a support ticket, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, you may choose to provide contact information, a description of your issue, or any documentation, images or information that might be helpful in resolving your issue.
Content That You Provide Through the Services. We collect and store content that you post, send, receive and share via the Services. This content includes any information about you that you may choose to include, such as phone numbers, email addresses, and other personal contact information, as well as information about skills and billing rates. Content also includes any files and links you choose to upload to the Services. For example, the types of content we collect and store might include: files you attach to tasks, the name of a task list, board, team or project; descriptions of tasks; comments you add to tasks; image uploads; or profile photo uploads. You also provide content to us when you choose to submit information to our websites, including social media and networking websites operated by us. For example, you provide content to us when you provide feedback or when you participate in any interactive features such as request forms, surveys, contests, promotions, sweepstakes, activities or events.
Payment Information. When you make a payment to ProjectManager, your credit card information, debit card information, billing information, or any other financial information necessary to complete your payment, such as information provided on purchase orders (“Payment Information”) is processed. When you use these methods to make a payment, our third-party payment service provider processes the Payment Information, and we do not collect, store, or process your Payment Information. For more information on payment processing, please see the Payment Processing section below.
Careers. If you decide to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume via email. We will collect the personal information you choose to provide us as part of your job application, such as your contact information, current employment information, and other information you choose to submit with your application and on your resume. If you apply for a job with us through a third-party platform (such as Glassdoor or LinkedIn), we will collect the personal information you make available to us through such third-party platform.
B. Information We Collect When You Use the Services
Location Information. When you use the Services, we may infer the general location of your device and the geographic regions our users come from. For example, your internet protocol (IP) address may indicate your general geographic region.
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access the Services, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, internet traffic data, service usage data, location data and other navigational data, and device identifiers.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use the Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the Services, such as the features you use, the type, size and filenames of attachments you upload to the Services, frequently used search terms, volume of support inquiries, dates and times of visits, the pages viewed, links to/from any page, and time spent at a site.
Analytics Partners. We use the analytics services Google Analytics, VWO, New Relic, Pendo, Hubspot, Google Adwords, Wistia, OptinMonster and Hotjar to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and our third-party partners may collect personal information using Cookies. Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. They contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. To learn more about Cookies on the Services, please refer to the section What Are Cookies and How Do We Use Them below.
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties
Other Users of the Services: Other users of the Services may provide personal information about you when they submit content through the Services. For example, we receive your email address from other users when they choose to invite you to the Services. Similarly, your contact information, information about your skills, and billing rates might be added by a system administrator, or a team member may upload content about you to a list or project.
Partners. We may receive additional personal information about you from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other personal information we have about you. We may receive personal information from these partners, such as contact information, general location inferred from a device IP address, company name, products you have purchased or may be interested in and any evaluation information you have provided.
Community Sites: Our websites and social media or social networking sites such as LinkedIn Groups or Twitter, may offer publicly accessible blogs, community threads and forums. We do not have control over any information or content that is posted on those sites, and we refer you to their privacy policies. To request removal of your information from a publicly accessible website that is operated by us, please contact us via the information provided below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your information, in which case we will let you know if that is the case and why.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the personal information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, debug, improve, and enhance the Services, including using your email address to authenticate you when you sign up and/or log in, processing billing transactions for your account, repair and optimize the Services, delivering customer service, and operating and maintaining the Services. For example within the Services, we use the name and picture you might provide to identify you to other users of the Services.
- To infer your affiliation with a particular organization or industry to personalize the content and experience on our websites;
- To understand and analyze how you use the Services, and develop new products, services, features, and functionalities;
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To understand and analyze usage patterns;
- To process your job application;
- To send you SMS messages and push notifications;
- To contact prospective customers through social media and email;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to the Services, provide information that you request, analyze and address technical issues that you encounter, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To deidentify and aggregate information collected through the Services and use it for any lawful purpose;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW DO WE USE THEM
- Strictly necessary Cookies. Some Cookies are strictly necessary to make the Services available to you. We cannot provide you with the Services without this type of Cookies.
- Functional Cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to the Services. This enables us to adapt our content for you, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING EUROPEAN INFORMATION
If you are located in the EEA or the United Kingdom, we only process your personal information when we have a valid “legal basis”, including when:
- Contractual necessity. We need your personal information to provide you with the Services, for example to respond to your inquiries.
- Compliance with a legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of the Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your personal information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may disclose personal information we collect from or about you as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of the collection.
For collaboration: In the Services, you can create content in which you might choose to include personal information about yourself, as well as enable others to see, edit, share, collaborate copy and download, based on settings you or your account administrators have selected. Some of the features of the Services may also display all or some of your profile information to other users. For example, when you join an account, project or a team, your contact information may be displayed in a contact list for other team members so they can find and interact with you. Or when you comment on a task, other users can see your profile picture (if you choose to upload one) and name next to your comments so that other users with access to the card understand who made the comment. Additionally, some of the features enable sharing with other team members or even with people outside of the account.
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any personal information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of the Services, including to provide technical, sales, support and consulting Products in order to implement and deliver customer solutions for our Products. Examples of how your personal information might be shared include Products that support billing and collections, product customizations and support functions.
Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics and Facebook to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Advertising Partners. We work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your personal information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; or (iv) respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose personal information to assist in preventing death or serious bodily injury of any person.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer your personal information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
Consent. We may also disclose personal information with your permission.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Access and Update Your Information: The Services enable you to access and update certain personal information about you. As an example, from within the Services, you can access and update your profile information within your account settings including modifying content that contains personal information about you through the use the editing tools associated with that setting.
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us. You can also email us at [email protected] to be removed.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
If you choose not to provide us with the information we collect, some features of the Services may not work as intended.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in the EEA or the United Kingdom, you have the rights described below:
- You may request access to the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your information to another company. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your personal information, at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
We take measures to delete your personal information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this personal information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the personal information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your personal information.
The Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. We may transfer personal information from the EEA or the United Kingdom to the United States based on data transfer mechanisms such as the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, as needed to perform the Services that you have requested from us, or with your consent. Also, we may transfer your personal information from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing. To obtain additional information on the transfers, please contact us using the contact information below.
NOTICE TO END USERS
It’s important to know that even when the Services are not presently administered to you by an organization, if you use a business email that is provided by an organization or are part of a team administered by an organization and you access the Services, then the team administrator or the domain owner associated with your organization’s email address (e.g. your employer) may assert administrative control over your account and use of the Services at a later date, depending on the organization’s policies. You should inquire with your administrator to understand whether you will be notified when this happens.
Project, team and list owners, as well as account administrators, have the ability to restrict your access to and access permissions within the respective project, team, list, board or account that the owner or administrator controls. In certain cases, your account administrators can also:
- Access, control, update or delete your account information;
- Change your account information, such as adding contact or profile information or changing the email address associated with your account;
- Change or require you to reset your account password;
- Restrict, suspend or terminate your access to our Products or your account;
- Access or retain information stored as part of your account; and
- Enable or disable third-party apps or integrations.
Please contact your account administrator or refer to your organization’s policies for more information.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at:
3471 Executive Center Drive, Suite 200
Austin, TX 78731