ProjectManager takes data privacy very seriously for its customers and visitors to our sites. The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), regulations, which go into effect May 25, 2018, outline a series of new protections for EU residents designed to support the rights of individuals to have better visibility over their data and how it’s used, as well as better controls for individuals to be able to withdraw consent or “opt out” of communications. ProjectManager takes GDPR compliance very seriously, and we have devoted significant resources toward our efforts to comply with GDPR. This page outlines our approach and progress to date.
What We Are Doing
We have been implementing a company-wide GDPR compliance strategy leading up to May 25, 2018 and beyond, like so many other software companies around the world. We are also committed to helping our customers fulfill some of their GDPR requirements that may be directly impacted by their use of ProjectManager.
The following examples are GDPR compliance initiatives that we have committed to that apply both to our customers and us:
- GDPR Impact Assessments, including system-wide audits of our technical and administrative functions, partners and services to document where we do and do not gather your information, in order to identify key areas of GDPR impact we are working to address.
- Re-evaluating our privacy and security measures to ensure they are GDPR compliant
- Appointment of a Data Protection Officer (DPO) at ProjectManager to ensure ongoing operational compliance and training.
- Updating our opt-in measures across our Services to satisfy new GDPR requirements.
- Helping our customers where possible to satisfy their GDPR data security and privacy requirements and rights.
- Developing new protocols for notifying regulators of any personal data breaches on our systems and promptly communicating any such breaches to our customers and end-users.
- Ensuring compliance with internal security policies with our staff and contractors that access information via our Services regarding the maintaining of confidentiality and security of such data.
- Analyzing additional security certifications and protocols beyond GDPR that might benefit our customers.
- Updating our Breach Notification Policy with both technical and administrative measures to ensure timely detection, reporting, investigation and communication of any security breaches.
- Holding any subprocessors that handle our customers’ personal data to the GDPR standards of privacy, security and applicable data management.
- Committing to carrying out data impact assessments and consulting with EU regulators where appropriate.
As we make any additional updates or take additional measures, we will update this page accordingly.
How to Opt Out
ProjectManager offers a weekly email newsletter subscription with project management tips, advice and techniques you can use to better manage your projects, teams and work. We want our readers and visitors to our sites to know that ProjectManager is committed to your privacy, and we do not and will not sell your subscriber data or our subscriber lists to any third party. We may, on occasion, promote our service or our partners’ products or services to you in this newsletter.
Existing newsletter subscribers have the opportunity to opt-out of their newsletter subscription at any time. You can click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email, or you can reply to the email and request to be unsubscribed. You can also email our support team to request to be removed from the newsletter list at email@example.com.
New subscribers to our weekly newsletter will be required to opt-in to receive the newsletter. There are a variety of places on our website where you can choose to be added to our email newsletter, and those forms will be updated to comply with the GDPR regulation.
Mobile App Downloads
When you download one of our mobile apps in the U.S., you are consenting to opt-in to allow ProjectManager to add you to our weekly email newsletter subscription. If you want to opt-out of this newsletter subscription, you can click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email, or you can reply to the email and request to be unsubscribed. You can also email our support team to request to be removed from the newsletter list at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For EU customers, in order to comply with the May 25th GDPR deadline, we may remove our mobile apps from the relevant country app stores.
Advertising and Cookies
Does ProjectManager process personal data of our customers?
Where do we send customer data?
Can you guarantee that my data will stay in a certain location (e.g., Europe)?
ProjectManager services require that all data be transferred to the US, where it is stored, as noted above. Additionally, our employees and contractors may require access to data stored in the EU from a non-EU country (e.g., US or New Zealand) for technical and support related requests and troubleshooting. In cases where data is transferred outside of the E.U., ProjectManager is committed to ensuring such transfers are compliant with applicable data transfer laws, including GDPR.
Please check back here frequently, as well as on the relevant policy pages, for updates.
If you have any questions, please contact us as email@example.com or inquire with our team at the following address:
3420 Executive Center Drive, Suite 160
Austin, TX 78731
Last updated 5.22.18