Our first release of the year has some great new resource features including Holidays, Teams and Resource Skillsets and as always a number of changes requested by you!
There are exciting new pricing options available for new customers. You can now choose a pricing plan and feature-set that meets your needs. If you have any questions about our new editions please just contact us in the Support Team.
The Resources page has been updated with a number of new features. It also has the same layout as the Projects page, making it familiar to use. You can create Team folders, in the same way you create Project Group folders, and move resources into Teams. This makes it much quicker to select teams of resources in reports, on the workload page and filter by teams when assigning tasks.
You can now create a custom set of resource skills for your account which can then be associated to resources. This allows you to filter by skillset on the Project Tasks page, to find all resources with matching skills.
You can also set a country, for each resource, allowing any country specific holidays to show for this resource. If you do not set a country for a resource, then your account country will apply.
We have added two new calendars to your main Menu under “Holidays”. The Global calendar sets your default non-working days, and any global account holidays. There is now a Country tab, where you can set country-specific holidays, and a Resource tab to view and set resource holidays.
Any holidays set for a country will apply to resources with that same country. The resource calendar can be managed by your Administrator, or you can choose to set security for this area to “Show Own”, which means users can view their own resource calendar and set their own holidays.
Country and Resource holidays appear when assigning resources on your Project Tasks page. You can still assign a resource when they are on holiday, and the Workload page will reflect this additional allocation.
The Workload page now shows you exactly when your resources are on holiday and any upcoming country holidays that may impact your schedule.
If a resource is marked for a holiday on the same day as a country holiday, then the resource holiday will take precedence and display on the Workload page.
Your filter settings on the Workload page now take into account holidays. As a holiday does not count as a task assignment, when you choose to view “Assigned Resources only” you will not see resources who are on holiday, without any task assignments.
Small but important features, requested by customers:
- New Holidays Export: You can export your country and resource holidays.
- MyTasks – Show Unassigned Tasks: We have added a new filter setting to this page so you can now view tasks that are not assigned to any resource at all. You can change this setting by clicking on the cogwheel icon and choosing to Show Unassigned Tasks.
- MyTasks – Print Settings: When you print your task list you can now choose from a number of print settings.
- Email Format: We have improved the layout of our emails and alerts, making them easier to read.
- Custom Fields: The custom fields on the Project Info page are now locked down to Administrators only. An Administrator can choose to hide these custom fields, and they will be hidden throughout the account including reports.
We hope you enjoy the new features this month and continue to send in feedback and requests – we love to hear from you!
In our last release for the year we have focused on reporting improvements and customer requests. We hope you enjoy the updates and have a safe and relaxing holiday season!
Offline Exports & Reports
You can now run large exports offline. There is an option on the Export pop up, so you can simply set your requirements, run to offline and an email will be sent to you as soon as the export is done, and a copy placed in your MyDocs folder. This saves you waiting for large data exports, you can just run the export and carry on with your work.
The offline feature is also available for large reports including Tasks, Timesheet, Workload and Issue reporting.
On the Export menu you will now see an option to set custom columns. This allows you to select and order the columns included in your data export. These settings are saved for each of your exports, so you can quickly run your custom export when needed.
Project Files Page
You can now access your Files page within each and every project. This makes it quick and easy to access all of your Project files, as well as accessing any Shared files or Team documents. This was a popular request so we hope you like it!
You can now create 4 custom fields on the Project Info page. These are dropdown fields to help maintain data consistency, in the same way that the Project Manager and Customer fields work. These fields can be included in some reports and viewed on the All Projects page.
The Portfolio Status Report now includes any custom columns you have created on the All Projects page, and any custom fields from the Project Info page.
You can now easily upgrade any Client user on your account, to a licensed User. Simply click the Pencil icon next to your Client’s name and select “Upgrade”.
Clients can now create their own accounts, while remaining a Client user on another account. We have added a login prompt which allows Clients to decide which account they want to access – their own, or the account they view as a Client.
Small but important features, requested by customers
- Invite users: When you create new resources you can now quickly set up a new user at the same time.
- Filters: We have restyled the All and Group Dashboard filter so you can see how many selections you have made in each filter set. This change has also been made to the MyHome Tasks page filter.
- Sorting: We now remember your column sorting on the All Projects page and Files page.
- Clients: On the Clients page you can now view the Company Name and sort by this column.
- Alerts – Clients: Clients can now have alerts set to “Shown Own” on the security page. This allows them to configure and adjust their own alert profile.
- Share Emails: We have added Project name and Task name details when you share Comments.
- Timesheets – Admin Types: You can now delete Admin types from your Timesheet list, even if they have timesheets associated with them.
- Timesheets – Timestamp: At the bottom of each timesheet you can now view a timestamp of when it was last updated. This timestamp will appear for all save events from the date of release onwards (it will not show for past timesheets). If time is added from other pages, for example MyHome Tasks, via the Mobile app or Gmail widget, the timestamp is also updated to reflect the latest update.
- Timesheets – Notes: When copying last week’s timesheet, the Clear button will now clear all Notes as well as hours.
We’ve just released lots of new social features and simplified the interface at the same time.
We hope you like it!
We have expanded the MyHome page so you can see all of the email conversations and other sharing activity across your account, as well as have conversations with specific people or groups if you wish.
You can now record audio status updates and share these with your team or simply upload a file for comment.
On the left hand side you can create your own groups for posting updates, private conversations and sharing files.
We have moved the MyTasks area from your Home page, to its own area. This means you have much more space to view and update your tasks, along with great new social features like adding audio updates to your task, commenting on files and much more!
You can now add a task from your MyTasks page. This has been requested by customers recently so its great to have it available in this release.
We have expanded how Comments work on your Project tasks page. You can record audio updates and add them as comments, along with files and website links.
These comments will show on MyHome, so you can always see latest project updates from there.
We have included the audio feature here for you as well so you can record updates and notes when adding a discussion comment.
You can now click Share on any Expense, Risk, Issue or Change along with Reports and Timesheets. You then choose which user you want to share with and add a comment. We send out an email with your comment and a link to the item. The people you shared with can then reply by email and their comment is added to the Share Post on MyHome. People you share with can also choose to record an audio reply to your Share.
If you see an interesting post on MyHome you can click to Share this as well. So you might see a link which a project colleague has added to a task comment, and choose to share that out to your Project Manager.
We have moved the Messages feature to your MyHome page, so you can click the Inbox on the left hand side to view your messages or send to your project members. You can also use the envelope icon as before, when you need to quickly access your Inbox.
If you have any questions regarding the release, or need help with any features, please click the Support link in the top right to get in touch. We’re here to help.
Welcome to our May release! We have worked hard to get many of your feature requests in this upgrade. We hope you enjoy the changes.
We have made performance improvements to page loading in many areas, including MyHome and the Documents page.
You can now post status updates, share links and post files directly on the MyHome activity stream for everyone to access.
You can now share your project documents with anyone. Just enter their email address or their name if they are already a user on your account, and you can quickly share documents.
There is now a short URL for each of your projects, so you can bookmark this to quickly access a plan or email this to another user.
You can use the Email Plan option to email out a link to your project, which other users can click on to view your project. In our next release this will also include a PDF copy of your project.
Save a PDF copy of your project plan to any of your online folders (eg MyDocs, Team Folder or a Project folder).
Edit in Filter Mode
You can now edit some of your task information while your Tasks filter is on.
We have added two new columns to the Tasks page so you can see your resources costs per task, from within your project plan. These are Planned Resource Cost and Actual Resource Cost.
We have added a zoom function so you can customise the size of your Gantt chart.
You can now view and edit project security access from the All Projects page.
This report is now fully formatted and can be previewed with the ‘View’ option.
Missing Time Report
You can now run the Timesheet report to see which resources haven’t entered time.
When you import a plan with new resources, you can now create Users at the same time.
We have made a number of changes to this page including the ability to set your own overallocation threshold for resources, you can filter the workload page by resources and you can also assign, reassign and add new resources to tasks directly from this page.
You have additional filters for the All and Group Dashboards – Project Priority, Project Manager and Customer.
There is now a ‘Show Own’ option on the Security page. Once set this allows users to edit and update their own Alerts profile.
Smaller changes also included:
- You can now resize the All Projects page.
- Creating a new project from the All Projects page now creates the project directly in the Group folder you have highlighted. This also applies when creating a Template.
- Delete column on the All Projects page can now be moved to any other position.
- We have added a new custom column to the All Projects page for Currency data.
- You can now print your Actual or Baseline view of the Gantt.
- Project Short Name has been added to the Portfolio Status Report.
- You can now import a baseline when creating a project from Microsoft Project.
- The MyHome and Project Calendars are now live WebCal feeds.
- Export to Excel has been improved so data fields are recognized by Excel.
- Clear option is now available on your timesheet when you copy last week.
- Planned and Actual time has been added to the Info pop up on your timesheet.
- You can export your User list from the user page.
- The Save option has been removed from the main Menu as no longer needed.
- We have added ‘All” checkboxes in sensible places, eg MyHome resources filter.
- The Roadmap page now remembers which columns you last had open to view.
- You can set security for MyHome to ‘Show Own’ so users can no longer view or edit tasks they are not assigned to.
- The ‘My tasks have changed’ alert now contains more information.
If you have any questions regarding the release, or need help with any features, please click the Support link in the top right to get in touch. We hope you enjoy the new features and would love your feedback!
Happy New Year to all our customers and those trying out ProjectManager! Our February release contains some great new features, as well as improvements as requested by you please keep the feedback and suggestions coming!
Changes to Timesheet Resources
We have simplified the way timesheets work. As you assign resources to tasks you naturally want to enter timesheets as that resource. This means you need your resource linked to your user, and marked to enter timesheets. Easy enough – and we have saved you the trouble by assigning you directly to a timesheet resource during our release. Now when you go to your timesheet page you will see your timesheet resource to enter time against.
Any new user you create will automatically have a timesheet resource created and linked, so you don’t need to do a thing.
For your non-user resources (eg Vendors, Equipment etc) you can now enter Actual Effort for these resources directly on your project Tasks page or via the MyHome area.
If you need to update or change your timesheet resource, simply visit the Resources page on your All Tab and make any changes to user associations, or which resources are marked to enter timesheets.
We have also implemented a new feature on the resource page called “Merge”.This gives you a quick and easy way to clean up your resource lists by merging unneeded or incorrect resources into a single active resource.
If you have any questions or need help at all with timesheets and linking resources please just contact us in Support.
You can now set a timezone at your account level, and for colleagues in a different timezone they can choose to have their own, different timezone. How it works:
An Account Administrator goes to the Accounts page and selects the timezone for your account, which sets a global view for your project, group and portfolio dashboards, as well as your Portfolio Status report so you have one version of the truth across your account.
For any user in a different timezone they can go to their Settings page and select a different timezone for themselves, which will update their alerts, calendar events and display of timestamps throughout the systems including tasks on MyHome.
You now have 3 print options on your Project Tasks page:
All – This will print all tasks, in all levels of your project task hierarchy.
Visible – This will only print those tasks that are visible. If you collapse a set of tasks, then only those showing will be including in the print.
Summary – This selection allows you to print Summary Level tasks only.
Task Name Formatting
You can now apply color and font changes to your Project Task names. Simply select your task and click on the “Color” icon – from there you can apply a cell highlight color, change the font type and color, add bold, italics and underline. This is a very popular request so please try it out!
When you create a new project, or change access for an existing one, you will see that we have grouped your users into their security roles. This makes it a one click process to assign project access to all your Team Members for example.
Mobile App Update
We are in the process of releasing a major upgrade to the Apple App which will allow you to create projects and tasks from your iPod, iPhone or iPad. While this release process takes place (a few weeks at most) you will be unable to enter Actual Effort from the app. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have this out on the marketplace as quickly as possible.
More features Small but important features, requested by you!
Allocated Resources – On the Resources page we have added a column showing you which resources are allocated to projects and those without any allocation. Previously this displayed whether a resource was active or inactive, but as many customers hide inactive resources we have moved this information directly to the resource entry itself. You can still mark a resource as inactive, and click on the cogwheel on the top right to hide or display your inactive resources.
Resource Merge – You can now tidy up your resource list quickly using our Merge function. You can merge multiple resources into a single resource and the assigned tasks and timesheets associated with the selected resources will be merged into the chosen new resource.
Resource Short Name – We have made this consistent across the system, so that any new resource created will have a short name of the first 7 characters of the first name.
Actual Effort screens – When you enter effort for a resource from your Tasks Page or MyHome area you will see the pop up now helpfully sorts your list of resources. Those resources assigned to the task are displayed at the top, with all your other active resources below. This makes it quick and easy to enter effort for resources assigned to the task.
Project Security – When you create a new user, by default no projects are selected. This has been requested by many customers and we’re happy to have it in this release. We’ve also increased the size of this page so you can view more users at a time.
Reports – The Timesheet report now runs for timesheet resources, not users, so you may see some small name changes. Past timesheets are now associated with your timesheet resource. If you have any questions, please just contact us.
If you have any questions regarding the release, or need help with any features, please click the Support link in the top right to get in touch. We’re here to help.
Welcome to the October release! As always, we have made changes based entirely on customer feedback and feature requests so please check out what’s new below.
Apple Mobile App Upgrade
We know you love having access to your project information on the go, so we’ve worked hard this month to add new features to our mobile app for your iPod, iPhone and iPad. The latest version is currently in the Marketplace awaiting release from Apple and will be available for you in the next few days!
New mobile features and changes include:
- Access to all of our Project Management videos so you can watch while you’re out and about
- Daily Tips from our experienced Project Management team
- A Contacts area where you can access Contact information from your ProjectManager account, and add new Contacts as needed
- You can now share your love of ProjectManager with friends and colleagues, inviting them to try
- Ability to create new tasks directly from the Mobile app
- Summary Task info now displays for all Tasks
When you click on the ‘Accounts’ page under the main menu, you’ll notice that you can now prepay your account quickly and easily by charging the card on your account. If you prepay for 36 months then you get a whopping 30% discount on the price of your account. After you prepay, you can change the number of licenses if you wish but this will reduce your term if you need to add licenses and retain your term, or pay by purchase order, check or wire transfer, please contact us (email@example.com) with any questions at all.
Customers have told us they need more options on the Tasks report to easily run a Daily or Weekly task update. You can now select to include the following options in this report:
- Include Tasks due Today, This Week, This Month and Overdue (just like your MyTasks page view)
- Report on Tasks that are Not Started, Started or Complete
- You can run the Tasks report across a selection of projects by clicking the Cogwheel icon
- You can also choose to include Tasks assigned to multiple selected resources
You can now enter Planned Expenses for each of your Projects. You have the option when creating an Expense to set the Status (as Planned or Actual) and you can sort the table by the ‘Status’ field. Your Planned Expenses are included in the Expenses report, so you can easily track your Planned vs Actual and the Project Dashboard displays your Planned Expenses as part of your total Planned cost.
Risks, Issues and Changes
You can now change a Risk, Issue or Change to another type – for example you can change a Risk into an Issue. There is a new dropdown to specify the ‘Type’, which means you can easily change an item from one type to another.
Security Page Hovers
We have added information hovers for each of your user security settings. You can access your security profiles by going to the main Menu and selecting ‘Security’. When you hover your mouse over any setting (for example the All Tab Dashboard setting of ‘Show’) you will see information on what this security setting covers, how it works and the impact of changing the setting.
If you need any help at all setting security for your users, please just let us know.
Minor Changes – Small but important changes requested by customers that we have included in the October release:
- Inactive resources no longer show in the ‘Resource’ dropdown on Risks, Issues and Changes.
- We have added a new immediate alert ‘a new project is created’ which sends out to all people that are granted access to it, inviting them to check out any new project created. If the user does not have access to the project, they of course will not receive an alert.
- You can now click on the profile photo of any user to send them a message. You can do this from your MyTasks Activity stream on the right hand side.
- We have updated the table dimensions for Project Discussions, Expenses, Issues, and Resources on the All tab to adjust dynamically depending on your screen resolution. This means you can view longer lists and bigger tables, and use more of your screen space. If you are working on a laptop or smaller view, we of course also adjust the lists to a smaller more user friendly size.
- Creating a new user will also automatically create a resource with the same name, and associate that resource with the user ID.
- Project names have been added to the subject line of all email alerts.
In our latest release we’ve added Email Integration, improved Template management, as well as a long list of upgrades requested by you! Every release we aim to address as many of your requests, suggestions and feedback as we can – and the August release has been no exception. Below are highlights of the changes in this upgrade, if you have any questions at all please email us to ask one of our team to call you and walk you through any of the changes.
You asked and we delivered! Now you can store your project emails directly on your project, by simply copying in this email address when sending project mail.
We have added an email feature to your MyHome page and each Project page, to allow you to store emails on your MyHome area and within any of your projects. When team members are corresponding with others in the project they simply copy in this email address and we will instantly recognise this has come from you and store the email against your account. In addition to this, you can put the project name in square brackets in the email subject line and the email will be stored against the project under the email tab. You can send mail from any email client, but always make sure you forward mail from the email address you use to login with, so we know it comes from you!
The Account Administrator needs to enable Email Integration for your account by going to the main Menu and selecting the Accounts page, then the Settings tab. Once email integration is enabled you can set access for your users by updating the roles under the Security tab. If you have any questions or need help setting up your email integration please contact us using the Support link.
You can now manage your templates directly from the All>Projects page. Any existing templates can be moved to the new templates folder (this means they will be removed from Dashboards, Reporting and the Workload grid). You will also see on the project creation page there is an option to create a new project directly from one of your templates.
Once you have your templates stored in the Template folder, when you create a task list for a new project, you have the option to copy tasks from an existing template. To do this select the option “Copy a project template”. A list of all available templates will be displayed to select from.
For more information you can check the Help or contact one of our friendly Support team.
More features – We’ve listened to your feedback and improved the following areas:
Faster Project Open
From the main Menu you can now select “Open” to see a pop up box of all your projects. You can filter the list by project status, or use the search to find the project you need. From there it’s a single click to quickly open your Project. If you need to edit summary level project information you can go to the All>Projects page, but the new Open area makes it quick and easy to open a project.
Password security has been greatly improved. When a user now requests a password reset we send out an email with a link in it that is specific to that user, which directs them to a password reset page. When the user types in their new password they go straight into ProjectManager. Please note: the reset password link that gets mailed out to the user expires immediately after the user has reset their password. The same process now applies to any new user sign ups or when you add users to your account.
New Project fields
When you create a project you can now choose to complete all of the project information fields. There is a “Show Details” link on the bottom right of the screen which you can use to display all fields (eg Customer, Project Manager etc) and complete when you create the project. If you prefer you can simply click to “Hide Details” and complete the high level information only. The other fields can be completed at any time by going to the All>Projects page.
Your clients can now upload a picture of themselves to personalise their profile! They can do this from their Messages area by clicking on the “Change my picture” button.
You can now filter the Portfolio Report by your project status – including any custom statuses you have created.
We’ve made the Dashboard settings icon much easier to see – it’s a great way to filter the projects you want to see in the Dashboard view.
The timesheet report is heavily used, and we have improved the View option, as well as formatting in the Excel version.
There are lots of other features released in this major free upgrade, so if you have any questions then please email us to get in touch. We’re here to help.
This latest May Release “packs a punch” by giving you loads of exciting new features. So keep sending those feature requests using the link in the top right corner. Here’s what’s included in this latest major release:
Risks and Changes
Do you wonder where your Risks and Changes have gone? Check out the Issues page. People wanted to simplify these 3 pages into one, so that’s what we’ve done. That way you can simply click a button to navigate between them more easily.
We made a major change to the way that actual effort is recorded in the system. Before, the total actual effort on the My Home and Tasks pages was not linked to the Timesheet page entirely. But they are now. So as you add actual effort on the My Home and Tasks pages, new Timesheet entries are created automatically for you. It doesn’t matter if you don’t use timesheets at all, but the most important thing is that if you do then all areas of the system are now kept in sync. This is a key change to the way that actual effort data is managed in the system so if you have any questions then please use the Support link in the top right corner to ask one of our team to call you and walk you through the changes.
We’ve now released Projectmanager.com on the iPad. See http://www.projectmanager.com/project-management-app.php for all our new mobile apps. We’re also working on loads more apps for you right now, so watch this space!
Custom Issues, Risks and Changes
On the Issues page, there is now a small cog settings button. When you click it, you will be able to select the fields that display in the table on the left, and add new custom fields to the form on the right. For instance if you want to add a new field called “Issue Notes” then you can simply use the settings button to add it.
Just like the Issues page, there is now a small cog settings button which allows you to choose the columns that display in the expense table on the left, as well as the fields that are listed in the expense form on the right. You can also add custom expense fields, so that you can track any information relating to your project expenses. Have questions? Please click the Support link in the top right to get in touch.
Editable Projects Page
When you click the All, Projects page, the project information you see is now editable. If you are a project manager or administrator, you can click on any of the project information on the screen such as the project manager, customer, status and priority data cells and edit them within the page (without having to go to the Project Info page). This allows you to make bulk changes at the same time. In addition, you can add new columns to the table by clicking the small cog settings button on the top right corner. This allows you to add new custom fields and columns (such as “Revenue” or “Department”) at project level and then sort by that information as you wish.
- Roadmap: When you print the Roadmap page, if you have the project hierarchy expanded on the left, then that expanded hierarchy will now be visible in the print view (whereas before it only printed at the project level). Also, if you have filters applied to your roadmap, then those filters will also be applied in the print view. And lastly, if you have the roadmap hierarchy expanded and then you leave the page, then when you return to the page that hierarchy will have been saved for you.
- Task Updates: In larger accounts, it is more likely that there’s a chance that multiple people are updating the Tasks page at the same time. So that people don’t override each others work, we now have a “Who’s Online” image appear so that you can see when others are editing the same tasks page as you are, at the same time. Note: This happens very infrequently anyway, but as it was requested for peace of mind we thought it was a great idea.
- Workload: If you have access to view the Workload page, then you can now filter the list of resources to just those that are assigned to particular projects.
- Speed: You may not realize it, but we’ve actually rebuilt the Timesheet, Issues, Expenses and Projects pages to make them faster for you to open. We’ve also upgraded our system hardware to further improve speed. We currently upgrade all of the hardware every year, to the latest most powerful servers available on the market.
- Report Settings: To save you time, we have made it so that when you choose particular report settings, we remember those settings for the next time you visit the reports page.
- Timesheet Report: The timesheet report now includes all of the fields from the Tasks page, so that you can choose to include task related information for each timesheet entry that you report on.
- Tasks Report: You can now report on custom columns that you created on the Tasks page, in the tasks report.
- Exports: When you export tasks using the menu/export option, you can now choose to just export tasks for specific resources.
- Clients: When you go to assign free client logins for your project, a new field has been created called “Company” as lots of people requested it.
- Login Details: Before, only the administrator could change a users e-mail address. Now you can update your login details (i.e. your e-mail address and password) by clicking the “My Home” tab and then opening the “settings” page.
There are lots of other features released in this major free upgrade, so if you have any questions then please click the Support link in the top right to get in touch. We’re here to help.
In this first release of 2012, there are lots of new features for you to enjoy…
NEW Mobile Apps!!
We’ve just released new mobile phone apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch and Google Android platforms:
- iPhone: Click here to see the app on the Apple iTunes store.
- Android: Click here to see the app on the Google Android store.
- Google Apps: And remember we’re also in the Google Apps marketplace.
- iPad: In just 1 month, we’ll release our new iPad app too!
If you go to ProjectManager.com and click the Support link at the top, you will see our newly launched Support Center. It has the following features which are intended to help you to learn ProjectManager.com to an advanced level:
- Home: Click here to visit the new Support Center.
- Video Tutorials: You can now watch a suite of video tutorials to learn how to use each of the pages in ProjectManager.com. Watch here
- Webinars: Every Tuesday and Wednesday we run free introductory and advanced one-hour training webinars. The purpose of these webinars is to learn how to use ProjectManager.com for your business. The Webinars are run by our specialist training team and you can ask questions live. Join here
- FAQs: If you are new to using ProjectManager.com and you have a general question, then chances are it will be answered in these popular FAQs
These new Gantt Printing features have been released.
- Display Gantt gridlines: You can choose whether to display the gridlines on the printout.
- Display task names on all pages: If you are printing across multiple pages horizontally, then you can choose to display the task names on all of the pages that are printed.
- Automatically change timescales: This complex little feature tries to change the timescales automatically to suit your paper size and the length of your tasks, so that your project plan is as readable as possible. As it was a tough one to build, please give us feedback on whether it works correctly for your needs or not and we’ll continue to improve it for you.
- Task name column only: If you are viewing multiple data columns on the screen but only want to print the Task Name along with your Gantt chart, then have this option selected.
We have improved the timesheet feature to try and make it simpler and quicker for you to add tasks across multiple projects. Here are the latest changes:
- Selecting Tasks: When you select tasks to add them to your timesheet, the resulting pop-up has been greatly enhanced. You can now search for your project and tasks quickly and easily. If your project search string matches a project name exactly, then the tasks will automatically be displayed on the right-hand panel. By using the search field to find projects and tasks quickly, you should be able to add tasks to your timesheet more quickly.
- Settings: Before, only your account Administrator was able to see the settings button which allows you to add tasks which are not displayed on your project plan (like leave, meetings, workshops etc). Now, all non-client users can see the settings button. This feature has been provided after an overwhelming number of requests from our customers.
You can now add events to your My Home and Project Calendars. Simply click the New button to add an event to your calendar. You can also click on a particular day and the New Event pop-up will appear. When adding events, you can choose to receive a reminder by e-mail or receive a message (on the messages page) prior to the meeting. You can also add notes and then invite your colleagues. Your colleagues will receive an invitation to join the event by e-mail.
Under the My Home tab we have added a new Contacts page. This allows you to add both personal and company contacts to the system. You can add as many personal contacts as you wish and only you will be able to see those contacts when you login. Any company contacts will be made available to the entire account.
Request a Feature
In the top right corner, you can see a new Request a Feature link. Click it to request any features you might need and we’ll be in touch.
Critical Path Filter
If you’re on the Tasks page and you click “Filter” and then “Critical Path Filter” then this new filter allows you to see the tasks that are on the critical path for your project. The critical path is the longest path through the project, based on the linked tasks and their durations. They are the tasks that are typically deemed (according to the standard “Critical Path Method”) to complete. The critical path tasks are certainly important, but so are others that are not on the critical path, so use the filter as a general guide only.
In this latest release, you’ll find the most popular new features requested by customers:
Documents & Timesheets have Moved
The Documents and Timesheet pages have moved to the “My Home” tab. The reason is that they are heavily used pages in the system, so people want to access them from their Home page more quickly and easily than before.
New Document Features
- My Docs: This folder contains files that only you have access to. That way, you can add files from your PC or Laptop to access them from anywhere, anytime.
- Security: Click a folder or file and select the Security button to choose who can access your files online.
- Shared Docs: If someone shares files with you, then a “Shared” folder will appear in your folder list, which contains the files you now have access to
- Trash can: If you delete a file, it will now go to the trashcan. You can then move it back to your personal folder structure anytime you want. If you delete it from your trashcan, it will be deleted permanently.
- Rename button: Click on a file or folder and use the new rename button to change its name.
- Attachments: On the timesheets, expenses, risks, issues and changes tabs you can now attach a file of any type. When you do, it will show on the Documents page as well.
- File Types: We’ve added 50 more types of files that you can store online. If you have a file type that isn’t accepted, then contact us and we’ll add that file type for you.
New My Home Features
As mentioned above, the Documents and Timesheets pages have been moved to the My Home. We’ve also added these new features:
- My Tasks: On the Home page, you can now enter the % complete, effort, notes and docs directly on the page.
- Calendar: This page shows your scheduled tasks across all of the projects you have been assigned to. In the near future, it will also allow you to set and share personal appointments and meetings.
- To Do List: This page allows you to create and manage your To Do lists day-to-day.
- Settings: Here you can turn off tabs in the system that you don’t want to use day-to-day.
You can now receive an email alert every time you receive a message in your account.
You can now change these additional security settings if you are the Admin for your account: Turn on or off the Roadmap, Project Calendar, Personal Calendar and Messages tabs for your team.
There is now a small round settings button at the top of the Timesheet page. Using it, you can add Admin tasks to your timesheet like Annual Leave or Sick Leave as well as create ones of your own. Note: Only an Admin or Project Manager can change this.
- You can now view your Timesheet report online.
- The Availability report has changed to a new format.
- All reports list your tasks once, as opposed to multiple times.
In the next 2 weeks we’re swapping over to a new content delivery platform called Akamai. You’ll notice that this website will run twice as fast when we do. We’re also building a mobile app for the iPhone, Android and Microsoft Mobile marketplaces. It will be released in the next few months.
Have feature requests? Email Kathleen (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she will add them to the list for implementation. Note: 100% of the features above have been requested by customers – so keep them coming!