Welcome to the October Release! We have upgraded our Dashboards, added collaboration features to alerts and increased Client security options together with overall performance improvements.
The Dashboard pages have had significant upgrades improving their loading times and display.
The layout of our 9 charts is much smoother and easier to position charts and we have have added a Zoom option on each chart.
There is now a “Settings” button to allow Admins to change settings specific to each Dashboard widget itself. You can now adjust the threshold for relevant charts and the colours used.
- Settings apply at the account level, and apply to all projects. If you change the settings on Project A, then the changes apply to Project B.
- Changes to All Dashboard Settings will apply to Groups, and vice versa.
- Clients and non-Admin users can view Settings (to check thresholds) but they cannot make any changes.
- Any color changes made to Dashboard charts flow through to Portfolio Report health chart.
Dashboard – Small Items
- Settings: The ribbon menu Settings icon has been restyled.
- Header Freeze: We have frozen in place header bars on relevant Dashboard Charts, so you can scroll and retain the heading information.
- RIC Charts – Display: Previously, if many RIC items were set at the same level we layered the bubbles on each other. We now display RIC bubbles located at the same x, y coordinates with increased size.
- RIC Charts – Navigation: Clicking on RIC bubbles on your All Dashboard now navigates you to the relevant project.
- Security: When security access to charts is restricted (eg Hide Risks), then the Risk bubble on the Health chart will not display information to the user.
- Fixes: With the improved Dashboard we have addressed a number of scaling issues in chart displays.
Alerts – Reply Function
We have added new engagement options to many alerts. When users receive an alert, they have the ability to add a comment, by returning the email together with any attachments.
Alerts with a reply function added:
- Plan updates
- Project created
- Task discussion
- New Risk, Issue, Change
- New Expense
- New Timesheet
- New Document added
- A new project discussion is added
- A new task discussion is added
Alerts that have not changed:
- I receive a message
- My project has received an email
- Regular alerts
- My Tasks have changed
We have added the relevant text to the impacted alerts. Replies received to these alerts will be posted on the MyHome page post, for the original alert event (eg File Uploaded post corresponds to New Document Added alert).
Alerts – Settings
With the addition of our Reply feature, we need to control the ‘send from’ address for alerts. We have removed from this option from the Alerts page.
We have moved the remaining alert setting (to shorten URLs) to the Menu>Account page. This is an account setting, not per role/per alert, so is better placed here. Customer accounts have had their existing configuration migrated to the Accounts page.
Workload Filter & Navigation
You can now select projects to include on your Workload page, and your project filter selection is always remembered.
We have also improved the Allocation popup to better display long project names, and allow you to click the name to navigate directly to that project.
Clients – Improvements
You can now hide Groups from your Client users. The new option on the Security page allows you to hide the name of all project groups from all Clients.
Project groups are hidden from all areas including the All Project page, project open, dashboards, reports etc.
We have fixed an issue where a share to a client, who didn’t have permissions to the item was failing to properly advise the client when they clicked the link.
- Share links now direct user to the pop-up warning
- Granting a client permissions to the project will reveal the previously hidden share items in the feed, and they can interact with them as normal
- Granting a client permissions will allow them to follow the share link to the item
We have further increased security options for Clients by adding the “Budget & Rates” option to their security profile. You can now configure whether Clients see Budget information or not. By default this is set to Hide for existing Clients.
Gantt Print – Task Name Only
When using the Task Name Only print option on the Gantt page, we now print as per your current view. If you have expanded your Tasks column then we print it as displayed.
Files Page – Speed Improvements
We have greatly improved the performance of the initial load on this page.
- Client Share: When you share with a Client, their name will now display on the MyHome post in the shared with pop up.
- Tasks Report: We have changed the name of the first column in this report to “Task Report Group Name”. This will prevent any confusion with project custom columns named “Group”.
- Missing Time Report: We have added an Offline option for the Missing Timesheet report.
- Holidays Export: You can now export your Holidays data in CSV file format.
- MyHome Filter: When you share with someone outside your account, their name or email address will appear in your “People” dropdown, so you can easily filter posts for anyone you have shared with, not just users or clients.
- Linking: We have improved performance for heavily linked plans.
- Support: We are rolling out a new case management system later this month and the file attach option on the Support page will no longer be available.
We hope you enjoy the new features this release and continue to send in feedback and requests – we love to hear from you!
This release is heavily focused on improving speed and performance in high usage areas, along with improvements to running reports and other customer requests.
Significant speed improvements have been made to the following areas:
- Project Dashboard
- All Dashboard
- My Home
- My Tasks
- My Calendar
- Project Calendar
- All Projects page
- Workload page
- Users page
- Clients page
The speed improvements made to the Reports page has required a reset of all report parameters. This means when you first login after the release your report settings will be reset. After you run a report the parameters are saved again as expected.
Files – Reports Folder
We have created a new folder in the Files page titled “Reports”. Any reports you run are now stored here automatically, making them easy to find. You can create sub folders under this file and organize your past reports or simply remove any you no longer need. Your Offline Reports will remain stored in your My Docs folder.
Reports – New Viewer
The Report “View” option now loads your report in a separate browser tab, and utilizes your inbuilt browser Adobe PDF viewer. This allows you to view a report while running others, or working in other areas of your account. Customers with Internet Explorer may need to download the latest Adobe Reader to view reports. This is a free download and available at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Reports – Navigation
When you run a report you are now able to navigate away, while the report is processing, and continue work in other areas, or choose to run another report. Once your report is complete a pop up will notify you and you can click to download (or view if you ran the report to View). The notification pop up can contain multiple reports, if you ran a number of reports and then moved on to other areas. When you run a report we always put a copy in your new “Reports” folder on the Files page, so you can find it there if you choose to close the notification pop up.
Reports – CSV Options
We have added a CSV option on the Tasks and Timesheet reports. When you run these reports to the Excel option, the report is formatted and contains standard columns (does not include any custom columns). If you choose the CSV option, your report will contain all columns, including your custom data. This is a great option for very large reports.
You can now easily reload your page by clicking on the icon in the ribbon menu, for example refresh your Tasks page by clicking on the Tasks icon. If you have unsaved work, we will prompt you before any refresh is undertaken.
Clients and Users Export Changes
We have added the ability to export Client lists, including last login. You can access the Export function by selecting a Client. Last login has also been added to the User page export.
All Projects – Search
We have extended the search feature on the All Projects page to now search across the following fields:
- Short name
- Project Manager
- Mobile Friendly Website
We have launched a mobile-optimized version of our website. Any users browsing our public pages on a mobile device will now have mobile friendly landing pages and easy redirects to our mobile apps.
- Task Lag: Linked task lag has been increased to handle up to 500 days of lag between tasks.
- Expenses: A “Clear” function has been added to the expense task linking function.
- Import Changes: Import of XML files with negative resource rates will no longer fail. The negative rate is removed.
- File Rename: If you name a project with invalid characters and use the Save To function, the illegal characters are stripped out of the PDF file name. In renaming a file with invalid characters, the characterss were being allowed. This has been fixed.
- Excel Import: Import of Excel files with Actual Start Date and Actual Finish Dates were not importing unless Actual Duration was also included. This has now been addressed, so Actual dates can be imported from Excel, without the Actual Duration column.
- Discussions: We now handle special characters in file names, when uploading to the Discussions area.
- Share Report: When you share a report it no longer runs the report in view mode, allowing you to share much quicker and continue working.
- Tasks Report: The tasks report project selector has been improved, so you can select multiple projects easily.
We hope you enjoy the new features this release and continue to send in feedback and requests – we love to hear from you!
We hope the first half of your year has gone to plan! In our May release we have expanded our Share features allowing you to share more of your project andextend your project collaboration to all users, clients and anyone outside your account. There are a number of other improvements across the software which we hope you enjoy.
Share with Anyone
We have expanded the Share options to all users and clients within your account as well the ability to enter an email address and share with anyone. Colleagues outside your account are then able to create a free trial account and access the MyHome post for the shared item and add comments, files and updates to the post.
New Share Options
You can now share your Workload page and Roadmap view. This feature allows you to share your current filtered view of your project Roadmap or Workload page with anyone, together with a comment.
When you share any item we now have detailed MyHome posts which show the item, for example a copy of the Report you shared, together with your comment and an improved pop up which gives even more detail on the item.
MyHome posts now have icons you can click to see who an item has been shared with. If it is a private share you can simply click the padlock icon for the list.
The Task Info panel on your project Tasks page now shows Assigned Hours under the Resource tab. This shows you the Planned Effort assigned to each resource, for the selected task.
Task Comment Export
You can now export your Task Comment list to Excel and Word. This includes all Comments and threaded replies and any Comments made on files. The top level Comment is in bold, and the replies are plain text. You can access this export option from the main Menu Export area.
The Resources page has a Notes field added where you can store information or detail against any of your resources and easily see when a note is assigned to a resource. This field holds 4,000 characters so you have plenty of room for resource information.
Copy from Template and Copy Project
We have greatly improved the copy function when creating projects from Templates and the copy project option. If you select the “All Data” option you can now copy across task attachments, task font formatting, custom columns and their data.
Client users who modify their view on the Project Tasks page now have their view remembered, in most circumstances. The only view changes not saved are Gantt settings tiers changes or display of Actual or Baseline on the Gantt and the collapse and expand of rows.
Changes made to your Roadmap view are now remembered, so there is no need to change your filter or column layout if you regularly use this page.
- Tasks Report Sorting: The Tasks report now always sorts by WBS, as the default sort setting.
- Minimize Ribbon: The ability to minimize the ribbon bar is back by popular request!
- File Upload: You can drag and drop files into the file pop up for quicker file uploads, and we have added a progress bar for uploads.
- Paste options: When you paste directly into the Tasks page you now have an option to choose the date format of your data.
- Support page: You can now attach files to the Support page, allowing you to include screenshots, reports or exports to any message you send the Support Team.
We hope you enjoy the new features this release and continue to send in feedback and requests – we love to hear from you!
Our first release of the year has some great new resource features including Holidays, Teams and Resource Skillsets and as always a number of changes requested by you!
There are exciting new pricing options available for new customers. You can now choose a pricing plan and feature-set that meets your needs. If you have any questions about our new editions please just contact us in the Support Team.
The Resources page has been updated with a number of new features. It also has the same layout as the Projects page, making it familiar to use. You can create Team folders, in the same way you create Project Group folders, and move resources into Teams. This makes it much quicker to select teams of resources in reports, on the workload page and filter by teams when assigning tasks.
You can now create a custom set of resource skills for your account which can then be associated to resources. This allows you to filter by skillset on the Project Tasks page, to find all resources with matching skills.
You can also set a country, for each resource, allowing any country specific holidays to show for this resource. If you do not set a country for a resource, then your account country will apply.
We have added two new calendars to your main Menu under “Holidays”. The Global calendar sets your default non-working days, and any global account holidays. There is now a Country tab, where you can set country-specific holidays, and a Resource tab to view and set resource holidays.
Any holidays set for a country will apply to resources with that same country. The resource calendar can be managed by your Administrator, or you can choose to set security for this area to “Show Own”, which means users can view their own resource calendar and set their own holidays.
Country and Resource holidays appear when assigning resources on your Project Tasks page. You can still assign a resource when they are on holiday, and the Workload page will reflect this additional allocation.
The Workload page now shows you exactly when your resources are on holiday and any upcoming country holidays that may impact your schedule.
If a resource is marked for a holiday on the same day as a country holiday, then the resource holiday will take precedence and display on the Workload page.
Your filter settings on the Workload page now take into account holidays. As a holiday does not count as a task assignment, when you choose to view “Assigned Resources only” you will not see resources who are on holiday, without any task assignments.
Small but important features, requested by customers:
- New Holidays Export: You can export your country and resource holidays.
- MyTasks – Show Unassigned Tasks: We have added a new filter setting to this page so you can now view tasks that are not assigned to any resource at all. You can change this setting by clicking on the cogwheel icon and choosing to Show Unassigned Tasks.
- MyTasks – Print Settings: When you print your task list you can now choose from a number of print settings.
- Email Format: We have improved the layout of our emails and alerts, making them easier to read.
- Custom Fields: The custom fields on the Project Info page are now locked down to Administrators only. An Administrator can choose to hide these custom fields, and they will be hidden throughout the account including reports.
We hope you enjoy the new features this month and continue to send in feedback and requests – we love to hear from you!
In our last release for the year we have focused on reporting improvements and customer requests. We hope you enjoy the updates and have a safe and relaxing holiday season!
Offline Exports & Reports
You can now run large exports offline. There is an option on the Export pop up, so you can simply set your requirements, run to offline and an email will be sent to you as soon as the export is done, and a copy placed in your MyDocs folder. This saves you waiting for large data exports, you can just run the export and carry on with your work.
The offline feature is also available for large reports including Tasks, Timesheet, Workload and Issue reporting.
On the Export menu you will now see an option to set custom columns. This allows you to select and order the columns included in your data export. These settings are saved for each of your exports, so you can quickly run your custom export when needed.
Project Files Page
You can now access your Files page within each and every project. This makes it quick and easy to access all of your Project files, as well as accessing any Shared files or Team documents. This was a popular request so we hope you like it!
You can now create 4 custom fields on the Project Info page. These are dropdown fields to help maintain data consistency, in the same way that the Project Manager and Customer fields work. These fields can be included in some reports and viewed on the All Projects page.
The Portfolio Status Report now includes any custom columns you have created on the All Projects page, and any custom fields from the Project Info page.
You can now easily upgrade any Client user on your account, to a licensed User. Simply click the Pencil icon next to your Client’s name and select “Upgrade”.
Clients can now create their own accounts, while remaining a Client user on another account. We have added a login prompt which allows Clients to decide which account they want to access – their own, or the account they view as a Client.
Small but important features, requested by customers
- Invite users: When you create new resources you can now quickly set up a new user at the same time.
- Filters: We have restyled the All and Group Dashboard filter so you can see how many selections you have made in each filter set. This change has also been made to the MyHome Tasks page filter.
- Sorting: We now remember your column sorting on the All Projects page and Files page.
- Clients: On the Clients page you can now view the Company Name and sort by this column.
- Alerts – Clients: Clients can now have alerts set to “Shown Own” on the security page. This allows them to configure and adjust their own alert profile.
- Share Emails: We have added Project name and Task name details when you share Comments.
- Timesheets – Admin Types: You can now delete Admin types from your Timesheet list, even if they have timesheets associated with them.
- Timesheets – Timestamp: At the bottom of each timesheet you can now view a timestamp of when it was last updated. This timestamp will appear for all save events from the date of release onwards (it will not show for past timesheets). If time is added from other pages, for example MyHome Tasks, via the Mobile app or Gmail widget, the timestamp is also updated to reflect the latest update.
- Timesheets – Notes: When copying last week’s timesheet, the Clear button will now clear all Notes as well as hours.
We’ve just released lots of new social features and simplified the interface at the same time.
We hope you like it!
We have expanded the MyHome page so you can see all of the email conversations and other sharing activity across your account, as well as have conversations with specific people or groups if you wish.
You can now record audio status updates and share these with your team or simply upload a file for comment.
On the left hand side you can create your own groups for posting updates, private conversations and sharing files.
We have moved the MyTasks area from your Home page, to its own area. This means you have much more space to view and update your tasks, along with great new social features like adding audio updates to your task, commenting on files and much more!
You can now add a task from your MyTasks page. This has been requested by customers recently so its great to have it available in this release.
We have expanded how Comments work on your Project tasks page. You can record audio updates and add them as comments, along with files and website links.
These comments will show on MyHome, so you can always see latest project updates from there.
We have included the audio feature here for you as well so you can record updates and notes when adding a discussion comment.
You can now click Share on any Expense, Risk, Issue or Change along with Reports and Timesheets. You then choose which user you want to share with and add a comment. We send out an email with your comment and a link to the item. The people you shared with can then reply by email and their comment is added to the Share Post on MyHome. People you share with can also choose to record an audio reply to your Share.
If you see an interesting post on MyHome you can click to Share this as well. So you might see a link which a project colleague has added to a task comment, and choose to share that out to your Project Manager.
We have moved the Messages feature to your MyHome page, so you can click the Inbox on the left hand side to view your messages or send to your project members. You can also use the envelope icon as before, when you need to quickly access your Inbox.
If you have any questions regarding the release, or need help with any features, please click the Support link in the top right to get in touch. We’re here to help.
Welcome to our May release! We have worked hard to get many of your feature requests in this upgrade. We hope you enjoy the changes.
We have made performance improvements to page loading in many areas, including MyHome and the Documents page.
You can now post status updates, share links and post files directly on the MyHome activity stream for everyone to access.
You can now share your project documents with anyone. Just enter their email address or their name if they are already a user on your account, and you can quickly share documents.
There is now a short URL for each of your projects, so you can bookmark this to quickly access a plan or email this to another user.
You can use the Email Plan option to email out a link to your project, which other users can click on to view your project. In our next release this will also include a PDF copy of your project.
Save a PDF copy of your project plan to any of your online folders (eg MyDocs, Team Folder or a Project folder).
Edit in Filter Mode
You can now edit some of your task information while your Tasks filter is on.
We have added two new columns to the Tasks page so you can see your resources costs per task, from within your project plan. These are Planned Resource Cost and Actual Resource Cost.
We have added a zoom function so you can customise the size of your Gantt chart.
You can now view and edit project security access from the All Projects page.
This report is now fully formatted and can be previewed with the ‘View’ option.
Missing Time Report
You can now run the Timesheet report to see which resources haven’t entered time.
When you import a plan with new resources, you can now create Users at the same time.
We have made a number of changes to this page including the ability to set your own overallocation threshold for resources, you can filter the workload page by resources and you can also assign, reassign and add new resources to tasks directly from this page.
You have additional filters for the All and Group Dashboards – Project Priority, Project Manager and Customer.
There is now a ‘Show Own’ option on the Security page. Once set this allows users to edit and update their own Alerts profile.
Smaller changes also included:
- You can now resize the All Projects page.
- Creating a new project from the All Projects page now creates the project directly in the Group folder you have highlighted. This also applies when creating a Template.
- Delete column on the All Projects page can now be moved to any other position.
- We have added a new custom column to the All Projects page for Currency data.
- You can now print your Actual or Baseline view of the Gantt.
- Project Short Name has been added to the Portfolio Status Report.
- You can now import a baseline when creating a project from Microsoft Project.
- The MyHome and Project Calendars are now live WebCal feeds.
- Export to Excel has been improved so data fields are recognized by Excel.
- Clear option is now available on your timesheet when you copy last week.
- Planned and Actual time has been added to the Info pop up on your timesheet.
- You can export your User list from the user page.
- The Save option has been removed from the main Menu as no longer needed.
- We have added ‘All” checkboxes in sensible places, eg MyHome resources filter.
- The Roadmap page now remembers which columns you last had open to view.
- You can set security for MyHome to ‘Show Own’ so users can no longer view or edit tasks they are not assigned to.
- The ‘My tasks have changed’ alert now contains more information.
If you have any questions regarding the release, or need help with any features, please click the Support link in the top right to get in touch. We hope you enjoy the new features and would love your feedback!
Happy New Year to all our customers and those trying out ProjectManager! Our February release contains some great new features, as well as improvements as requested by you please keep the feedback and suggestions coming!
Changes to Timesheet Resources
We have simplified the way timesheets work. As you assign resources to tasks you naturally want to enter timesheets as that resource. This means you need your resource linked to your user, and marked to enter timesheets. Easy enough – and we have saved you the trouble by assigning you directly to a timesheet resource during our release. Now when you go to your timesheet page you will see your timesheet resource to enter time against.
Any new user you create will automatically have a timesheet resource created and linked, so you don’t need to do a thing.
For your non-user resources (eg Vendors, Equipment etc) you can now enter Actual Effort for these resources directly on your project Tasks page or via the MyHome area.
If you need to update or change your timesheet resource, simply visit the Resources page on your All Tab and make any changes to user associations, or which resources are marked to enter timesheets.
We have also implemented a new feature on the resource page called “Merge”.This gives you a quick and easy way to clean up your resource lists by merging unneeded or incorrect resources into a single active resource.
If you have any questions or need help at all with timesheets and linking resources please just contact us in Support.
You can now set a timezone at your account level, and for colleagues in a different timezone they can choose to have their own, different timezone. How it works:
An Account Administrator goes to the Accounts page and selects the timezone for your account, which sets a global view for your project, group and portfolio dashboards, as well as your Portfolio Status report so you have one version of the truth across your account.
For any user in a different timezone they can go to their Settings page and select a different timezone for themselves, which will update their alerts, calendar events and display of timestamps throughout the systems including tasks on MyHome.
You now have 3 print options on your Project Tasks page:
All – This will print all tasks, in all levels of your project task hierarchy.
Visible – This will only print those tasks that are visible. If you collapse a set of tasks, then only those showing will be including in the print.
Summary – This selection allows you to print Summary Level tasks only.
Task Name Formatting
You can now apply color and font changes to your Project Task names. Simply select your task and click on the “Color” icon – from there you can apply a cell highlight color, change the font type and color, add bold, italics and underline. This is a very popular request so please try it out!
When you create a new project, or change access for an existing one, you will see that we have grouped your users into their security roles. This makes it a one click process to assign project access to all your Team Members for example.
Mobile App Update
We are in the process of releasing a major upgrade to the Apple App which will allow you to create projects and tasks from your iPod, iPhone or iPad. While this release process takes place (a few weeks at most) you will be unable to enter Actual Effort from the app. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have this out on the marketplace as quickly as possible.
More features Small but important features, requested by you!
Allocated Resources – On the Resources page we have added a column showing you which resources are allocated to projects and those without any allocation. Previously this displayed whether a resource was active or inactive, but as many customers hide inactive resources we have moved this information directly to the resource entry itself. You can still mark a resource as inactive, and click on the cogwheel on the top right to hide or display your inactive resources.
Resource Merge – You can now tidy up your resource list quickly using our Merge function. You can merge multiple resources into a single resource and the assigned tasks and timesheets associated with the selected resources will be merged into the chosen new resource.
Resource Short Name – We have made this consistent across the system, so that any new resource created will have a short name of the first 7 characters of the first name.
Actual Effort screens – When you enter effort for a resource from your Tasks Page or MyHome area you will see the pop up now helpfully sorts your list of resources. Those resources assigned to the task are displayed at the top, with all your other active resources below. This makes it quick and easy to enter effort for resources assigned to the task.
Project Security – When you create a new user, by default no projects are selected. This has been requested by many customers and we’re happy to have it in this release. We’ve also increased the size of this page so you can view more users at a time.
Reports – The Timesheet report now runs for timesheet resources, not users, so you may see some small name changes. Past timesheets are now associated with your timesheet resource. If you have any questions, please just contact us.
If you have any questions regarding the release, or need help with any features, please click the Support link in the top right to get in touch. We’re here to help.
Welcome to the October release! As always, we have made changes based entirely on customer feedback and feature requests so please check out what’s new below.
Apple Mobile App Upgrade
We know you love having access to your project information on the go, so we’ve worked hard this month to add new features to our mobile app for your iPod, iPhone and iPad. The latest version is currently in the Marketplace awaiting release from Apple and will be available for you in the next few days!
New mobile features and changes include:
- Access to all of our Project Management videos so you can watch while you’re out and about
- Daily Tips from our experienced Project Management team
- A Contacts area where you can access Contact information from your ProjectManager account, and add new Contacts as needed
- You can now share your love of ProjectManager with friends and colleagues, inviting them to try
- Ability to create new tasks directly from the Mobile app
- Summary Task info now displays for all Tasks
When you click on the ‘Accounts’ page under the main menu, you’ll notice that you can now prepay your account quickly and easily by charging the card on your account. If you prepay for 36 months then you get a whopping 30% discount on the price of your account. After you prepay, you can change the number of licenses if you wish but this will reduce your term if you need to add licenses and retain your term, or pay by purchase order, check or wire transfer, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions at all.
Customers have told us they need more options on the Tasks report to easily run a Daily or Weekly task update. You can now select to include the following options in this report:
- Include Tasks due Today, This Week, This Month and Overdue (just like your MyTasks page view)
- Report on Tasks that are Not Started, Started or Complete
- You can run the Tasks report across a selection of projects by clicking the Cogwheel icon
- You can also choose to include Tasks assigned to multiple selected resources
You can now enter Planned Expenses for each of your Projects. You have the option when creating an Expense to set the Status (as Planned or Actual) and you can sort the table by the ‘Status’ field. Your Planned Expenses are included in the Expenses report, so you can easily track your Planned vs Actual and the Project Dashboard displays your Planned Expenses as part of your total Planned cost.
Risks, Issues and Changes
You can now change a Risk, Issue or Change to another type – for example you can change a Risk into an Issue. There is a new dropdown to specify the ‘Type’, which means you can easily change an item from one type to another.
Security Page Hovers
We have added information hovers for each of your user security settings. You can access your security profiles by going to the main Menu and selecting ‘Security’. When you hover your mouse over any setting (for example the All Tab Dashboard setting of ‘Show’) you will see information on what this security setting covers, how it works and the impact of changing the setting.
If you need any help at all setting security for your users, please just let us know.
Minor Changes – Small but important changes requested by customers that we have included in the October release:
- Inactive resources no longer show in the ‘Resource’ dropdown on Risks, Issues and Changes.
- We have added a new immediate alert ‘a new project is created’ which sends out to all people that are granted access to it, inviting them to check out any new project created. If the user does not have access to the project, they of course will not receive an alert.
- You can now click on the profile photo of any user to send them a message. You can do this from your MyTasks Activity stream on the right hand side.
- We have updated the table dimensions for Project Discussions, Expenses, Issues, and Resources on the All tab to adjust dynamically depending on your screen resolution. This means you can view longer lists and bigger tables, and use more of your screen space. If you are working on a laptop or smaller view, we of course also adjust the lists to a smaller more user friendly size.
- Creating a new user will also automatically create a resource with the same name, and associate that resource with the user ID.
- Project names have been added to the subject line of all email alerts.
In our latest release we’ve added Email Integration, improved Template management, as well as a long list of upgrades requested by you! Every release we aim to address as many of your requests, suggestions and feedback as we can – and the August release has been no exception. Below are highlights of the changes in this upgrade, if you have any questions at all please email us to ask one of our team to call you and walk you through any of the changes.
You asked and we delivered! Now you can store your project emails directly on your project, by simply copying in this email address when sending project mail.
We have added an email feature to your MyHome page and each Project page, to allow you to store emails on your MyHome area and within any of your projects. When team members are corresponding with others in the project they simply copy in this email address and we will instantly recognise this has come from you and store the email against your account. In addition to this, you can put the project name in square brackets in the email subject line and the email will be stored against the project under the email tab. You can send mail from any email client, but always make sure you forward mail from the email address you use to login with, so we know it comes from you!
The Account Administrator needs to enable Email Integration for your account by going to the main Menu and selecting the Accounts page, then the Settings tab. Once email integration is enabled you can set access for your users by updating the roles under the Security tab. If you have any questions or need help setting up your email integration please contact us using the Support link.
You can now manage your templates directly from the All>Projects page. Any existing templates can be moved to the new templates folder (this means they will be removed from Dashboards, Reporting and the Workload grid). You will also see on the project creation page there is an option to create a new project directly from one of your templates.
Once you have your templates stored in the Template folder, when you create a task list for a new project, you have the option to copy tasks from an existing template. To do this select the option “Copy a project template”. A list of all available templates will be displayed to select from.
For more information you can check the Help or contact one of our friendly Support team.
More features – We’ve listened to your feedback and improved the following areas:
Faster Project Open
From the main Menu you can now select “Open” to see a pop up box of all your projects. You can filter the list by project status, or use the search to find the project you need. From there it’s a single click to quickly open your Project. If you need to edit summary level project information you can go to the All>Projects page, but the new Open area makes it quick and easy to open a project.
Password security has been greatly improved. When a user now requests a password reset we send out an email with a link in it that is specific to that user, which directs them to a password reset page. When the user types in their new password they go straight into ProjectManager. Please note: the reset password link that gets mailed out to the user expires immediately after the user has reset their password. The same process now applies to any new user sign ups or when you add users to your account.
New Project fields
When you create a project you can now choose to complete all of the project information fields. There is a “Show Details” link on the bottom right of the screen which you can use to display all fields (eg Customer, Project Manager etc) and complete when you create the project. If you prefer you can simply click to “Hide Details” and complete the high level information only. The other fields can be completed at any time by going to the All>Projects page.
Your clients can now upload a picture of themselves to personalise their profile! They can do this from their Messages area by clicking on the “Change my picture” button.
You can now filter the Portfolio Report by your project status – including any custom statuses you have created.
We’ve made the Dashboard settings icon much easier to see – it’s a great way to filter the projects you want to see in the Dashboard view.
The timesheet report is heavily used, and we have improved the View option, as well as formatting in the Excel version.
There are lots of other features released in this major free upgrade, so if you have any questions then please email us to get in touch. We’re here to help.